Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Energy Addict? Yes Please!

I'm currenty reading Energy Addict by Jon Gordon and I am feeling so motivated to become that person that we all know, the one who seems to be the energizer bunny and can just go go go, 
all with a  smile on their face, and energy to spare, and share. 
That person that we all secretly hate because they are just so full of life and energy, and well, it's just not fair. 
Well, as of yesterday, I am getting addicted to positive energy.
This book is packed full of 101 physical, mental, and spiritual ways to energize your life.



My favorite suggestion so far?
Getting 8 to 10 hours of sleep. 
Yes, you heard right. 
8 to 10. 
Haven't I always said that?
Now I can justify that through scientific research.
In fact, according to a scientific study, 8 is good, but 10 is better!

" While there are a few people who can consistently get by with only four hours of sleep per night, most of us require at least eight hours of sleep--and nine to ten a night is optimal, according to Cornell Psychology Professor James B. Maas. One third of Americans get less than six hours of sleep a night. Research shows that if you get less than eight hours of sleep, you are operating  in an 'impaired' state; your alertness, productivity, creativity, and general health are all affected. We all know about the risks of driving while impaired...but living in a perpetually impaired state is another matter altogether.
Acorrding to Mass, 'Between the seventh and eighth hour of sleep is when we get almost an hour of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the time when the mind repairs itself, grows new connections and recharges us. If you only sleep six hours a night, you're missing that last, important opportunity to repair and to prepare for the coming day.' 
This means less energy for your body
and less energy for you."

People, like I've always said, sleep is important for your body.
That's why I love it so much!

I'll share a few other physical energy energy tips, but I highly suggest purchasing the book today,
because he has many mental and spiritual strategies as well!
Take back your life and beome an energy addict!

Physical Energy Addict Tips:

1. Eat breakfast.
2. Eat more earlier.
3. Eat organic, whole foods.
3. Exercise in the morning.
4. Take a short walk after lunch and dinner.
5. Take a nap. 
6. Energize with yoga. 
7. Drink lots of water.

Those are only 7 of 39 physical energy suggestions. 

I'm telling you, if you're constantly feeling sluggish, tired, and like you're running on empty
this book can help you!
I've only read the physical tips so far, but I'm already feeling energized and motivated by having the knowledge and the drive to make a few changes so I can be one of those people that I always complain about, but am secretly jealous of. 
I'm going to be energetic, and powerful
I'm going to be an energy addict. 


No comments:

Post a Comment